With reported losses for nine consecutive quarters, a US$1.1 billion injection from Google came none too soon for HTC. The cash should help the company's financial predicament in the short run, and it's becoming clear that the Taiwanese consumer-electronics company will serve as the hardware arm of Google for its Made by Google product line, which includes Pixel Smartphones and Google Home, among others.
Unlike the love-hate relationship between Samsung...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events