Consumer mindsets on data in China have generally been fairly relaxed, with younger consumers in particular willing to share information about their location or habits in exchange for shopping convenience and efficiency.
“Whilst data privacy is no doubt of paramount importance in this day and age, this is not as prevalent in China as there is currently no organisation or government entity to regulate the security of data,” says Alex Khan, managing director, APAC,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events