While most people would think that the explosion of hip-hop in China came about organically, iQiyi, a company that's widely labelled as the 'Netflix of China', prides itself for its role in making the local hip-hop scene flourish. The company created a show called Idol Producer, which became something of a sensation and attracted sponsors like Nongfu Spring Victory Vitamin Water and Xiaohongshu.
This, according to Liang Chengzong, iQiyi's senior director of...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events