Facebook will start trying a paywall for its Instant Articles product in October.
Speaking at the Digital Publishing Innovation Summit yesterday, Facebook's head of news partnerships Campbell Brown said that the platform was launching a subscription product to satisfy newspaper and digital publishers.
The plan is to steer readers to the publisher's home page so they can subscribe and to erect a paywall that will require readers to subscribe after 10 articles....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events