Facebook shares jumped 12% in trading following a strong set of 2018 figures for the social media giant, including a 38% increase in annual ad revenue.
The company posted $55 billion in ad revenue last year, making up nearly all of Facebook’s total income. For the fourth quarter ending 31 December, ad revenue was up 30% to $16.6 billion.
This was all despite a year in which Facebook was embroiled in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events