Facebook will not allow any cryptocurrency exchange to advertise on its platform.
The annnouncement detailed that the new policy would prohibit ads associated with misleading or deceptive promotion practices such as ICO's, binary options, and cryptocurrency.
Acknowledging that not all cryptocurrency is harmful or deceptive, Rob Leathern, Facebook's product management director said that the company wants to lower risk for its users.
The change comes just days after...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events