The 2003 SARS Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome outbreak had a significant impact on FMCG sales in China, including a sharp slowdown and changes in category demand, according to a review released yesterday by Kantar Worldpanel China.
The company said it reviewed consumer purchase data in 15 China cities in 2002-2003 to shed light on how consumer behaviour changes might bring new challenges and opportunities for manufacturers and retailers amid this year's coronavirus crisis.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events