While technology is overcoming the biggest challenges of streaming live sports, including lag, data storage and compression, if commercial models do not catch up, traditional broadcasters could find themselves being muscled out of the game, according to Mehul Kapadia.
Kapadia manages the Formula 1 business at Tata Communications, which is the global connectivity provider for the sport event. He believes the single biggest challenge facing traditional broadcasters as sporting rights become ever more competitive and...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events