HTC was one of the most successful and most profitable OEM suppliers, and equally ambitious.
The company's move to transform from an OEM to a branded industry player was perhaps the most significant and the biggest strategic mistake which contributed to its downfall. Many in the company were reluctant about the strategic shift, while investors were clear in their disapprovalshare prices halved after the change in strategy was decided upon and declared in 2007....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events