The issue, however, has dominated discussion at Advertising Week, as the rising popularity of the software serves as a reckoning for the industry Maybe a lot of consumers don't want to be reached with marketing messages.
There isn't a free pass for bad advertising, said Mark Thompson, president and chief executive of the New York Times Company, when asked about the issue during a panel discussion today. He said that journalism's values around producing quality...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events