Restaurant Brands International RBI has agreed to buy fried chicken chain Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen for $1.8 billion.
RBI is the parent company of Burger King and Canadian chain, Tim Hortons.
Founded in New Orleans in 1972, Popeyes has 2,600 restaurants in the US and 25 other countries. In Asia, the chain's website lists 10 locations in Singapore, 11 in Japan, 20 in Vietnam, 117 in South Korea, and single outlets in airports...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events