As the Google incident shows, however, media owners can easily be caught out when they try to use that data commercially. What, then, is the privacy situation in Asia
1. Culturally, the concept of privacy is less entrenched in many Asian markets than in the West, leading to a lesser degree of concern regarding sites’ use of online data.
Accordingly, in many markets official privacy regulations are loose or non-existent.Claus Mortensen, principal at...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events