Brian Bowman
Mar 26, 2019

4 reasons advertisers should use performance video templates

Tested, performance-geared templates allow even non-specialists to make impactful ads, tweaked at scale to improve results.

4 reasons advertisers should use performance video templates

Video ads need to capture the attention of viewers within seconds, according to Facebook. However, creating high quality spots that can do this is can be a time consuming and expensive process, unless you take advantage of performance video templates.

Many adtech companies have launched video templates, which are built to improve the results of video ads. They are often updated for Facebook and Google’s creative changes and best practices, and can be customized at scale using bulk sheets for rapid editing of thousands of ads.

With ad spending increasing almost $5 billion year over year, according to Statista, advertisers will be continually looking for ways to improve their video ad performance, and templates are an ideal way to scale to meet this need.

Here are some of the many benefits of using performance video templates for Facebook and Google ads.

Winning concepts that are tested

Video templates are typically winning concepts that have been tested and found to be highly-effective for Facebook ads and Google UAC. However, what is effective today may not be effective tomorrow. The mobile app space and marketing is continually changing, so it’s important to use performance templates that are always kept up to date with the latest creative trends.

A simple briefing process

You don’t have to be a seasoned designer to use performance templates. The creative briefing process will help you every step of the way to ensure that the end results are geared to drive performance. Seeing as 95% of creatives fail to perform well, you want creatives that have the best chance of driving your desired financial outcomes. We’ve shown that only 5% of ads are successful and if you follow a maths-drive creative exploration, you’ll much more likely to drive successful profitable results.

When selecting video templates, it's common to be guided through every step until you’re satisfied with the final product. This process begins with:

  1. Naming the brief
  2. Selecting a network or placement type, such as Facebook or Google UAC
  3. Choosing a creative type like a video or carousel
  4. Selecting the specs, including landscape, vertical, and square
  5. Setting a due date

From there, you upload the media that you’d like to be used in the ad. Brand guidelines, logos, ad copy and calls to action can also be included during the brief. This means fewer headaches trying to figure out how to make great videos, and ultimately leads to better advertisements, which brings us to our next point.

It’s performance oriented

As a performance advertiser, your top priority is to drive profitable results and our performance video templates are a fantastic roadmap to follow for your creative A|B testing. They are designed to help you make creatives which perform better in on Facebook and Google UAC.

Self service bulk editor

Managing a portfolio of video campaigns and having to edit them one by one is very inefficient. This is why a self service bulk editor helps advertisers save time and energy by editing thousands of videos at once. All the changes can be previewed in real time before you apply them. Add cards, banners, emojis, footers, calls to action and other elements in a single go.

Sometimes, it’s the little details that can make the biggest impact in your campaigns. You might find that a certain headline or copy tweak results in a better performing creative. Instead of having to apply these changes one at a time, just select which videos you’d like to edit and apply the appropriate change at mass level.

You can also convert videos into different sizes, such as profiles, horizontals, and squares. This is useful if you require varying video sizes for different ads, or are trying to find which yield better results. Being able to test ad copy and localize for different languages on the fly makes the bulk editor one of the most convenient video tools you can get your hands on.

Final thoughts

It’s estimated that by 2022, there will be 258 billion mobile apps downloaded globally every year. This means that there are more opportunities than ever to reach more users. But, you need great videos to get the most out of Facebook or Google UAC campaigns for promoting your app. That’s why performance video templates are a wise investment for any advertiser. All mobile app advertisers have to do is submit assets, such as branding guidelines, images, and a logo, and in return, you’ll have a scalable supply of market-tested video ads quickly and efficiently.

Brian Bowman is CEO of social advertising firm


Campaign Asia

Related Articles

Just Published

1 hour ago

Google incorporates Gemini into Performance Max

The roll-out of Performance Max's enhanced generative AI capabilities will begin in the US in March in English, expanding globally thereafter.

1 hour ago

Women to Watch Greater China 2024: Amanda Ma, ...

Ma’s deep understanding of the Chinese market and its nuances, and the ability to unify and inspire diverse functional teams are instrumental in her holistic strategy to develop talent effectively.

1 hour ago

Looking back, looking forward: Tze Kiat Tan, BBDO Asia

In a fresh series, APAC adland CEOs share their hopes and fears for the year ahead and reflect on 2023. In this edition, we chat with Tze Kiat Tan, CEO of BBDO Asia.

12 hours ago

M&C Saatchi to appoint Zaid Al-Qassab as group ...

Appointment of Channel 4 CMO to top job is likely to be seen as a surprise because he has not worked in agency sector.