Grange Hill was a big kids’ TV show when I was growing up. In 1986, Zammo, the cool kid in the show, got fixated with the latest cool trend. It was heroin. Having a heroin storyline then was ahead of its time. It was smart placement by the health authority and the BBC to highlight the dangers of drug abuse. Zammo chased the dragon’ in writing this I discovered that it’s Cantonese slang originating from Hong Kong and...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events