Coca-Cola has ventured into the alcohol market in Japan with the launch of Lemondo, a chu-hi drink available in varying strengths ranging from 3 to 7%. Chu-hi is traditionally a combination of shochu, fruit juice and soda water.
The new brand is the only alcoholic product in the beverage giant’s portfolio. According to reports, Coca-Cola sees strong potential for chu-hi in Japan, but does not plan to expand this pilot venture to other markets....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events