YouTube is testing new advertising options that will enable brands to reach users watching edgy content that would not be deemed universally brand-safe.
The move follows several brand-safety scandals for the Google-owned video giant in which high-profile brands suspended advertising after being placed against inappropriate content.
YouTube is working to identify advertisers that are interested in edgier content, YouTube chief executive Susan Wojcicki said, such as marketers who...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events