Inviting outspoken pro-democracy singer Denise Ho to perform at its concert opened Lancôme up to criticism and online pressure from consumers in mainland China. Cancelling Ho’s appearance in response led to a backlash from Hong Kong. From start to finish, Lancôme’s handling of the whole kow-tow controversy’ has damaged its brand.
YouGov data shows signs of slow recovery for Lancôme in Hong Kong after reaching a low point in the city’s consumer sentiment...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events