Mobile game Pokémon Go is often thought of as the first mass consumption of augmented reality AR technology. Yet many people unsuspectingly use AR on a daily basis with technology they take for granted social media face filters.
With the popularity of selfies, it’s no surprise that these fun, interactive filters have taken off. But this use of AR isn’t just for entertainment it’s become a powerful marketing tool for brands.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events