Bain Capital’s 152 billion yen US$1.35 billion bid for ADK, which it launched on 3 October, came as a surprise to many given the multiple challenges facing the global advertising industry. But it could have bigger implications than are initially apparent.
To begin with, Bain’s recent activity, which has seen it invest in more than 10 Japanese companies including Toshiba’s chip unit, signals familiarity with and optimism towards the market. The move by...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events