Bain Capital has successfully acquired the shares needed to take over Asatsu-DK ADK. The private-equity firm announced 87% of ADK shares have been tendered to its offer. Bain's deal to buy ADK, Japan's third-largest advertising agency, for 3,660 yen US$33 per share required the support of 50.1% of shares to proceed.
The completion of the tender offer follows a tense period during which WPP, ADK’s largest shareholder, accused Bain of...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events