WPP has agreed to sell its stake in ADK to Bain Capital for the original price of 3,660 yen US$33 per share.
The development comes after prolonged wrangling in which WPP had argued that Bain’s offer undervalued ADK. Earlier this month, WPP initiated legal proceedings to contest ADK’s moves to end a 20-year partnership between the two companies. Later WPP said it would increase its stake in ADK if the Bain bid...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events