When the first KFC in Myanmar opened its doors in central Yangon in June, so many people tried to get in, security guards needed to hold them back. This enthusiasm for a fast-food chain is a symbol of Myanmar’s economic liberalisation since the election of a reformist government in 2010.
International companies are seeing opportunities in Asia’s new markets. Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Sri Lanka are home to a combined 253 million peoplea...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events