When tech giant Tencent released its latest figures earlier this year, instant-messaging application WeChat posted an impressive 400 million active users.
It’s a staggering figure by any standards, but even more so when you consider that it actually represents a large share of all the world’s social media users and that the vast majority are inside the Great Firewall of mainland China.
It’s also a number that figures to keep growing,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events