The biggest mistake conglomerate brands have made when setting up online stores on Tmall, the Alibaba owned B2C retailer, is treating it as China's version of Amazon, according to Tom Birtwhistle, senior manager of digital strategy with PwC Hong Kong.
Speaking at the unveiling of a report titled Ecommerce in ChinaThe Future is Already Here yesterday in Hong Kong, Birtwhistle said Chinese consumers use Tmall as a search and discovery...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events