On 9 August, news outlets in China reported an issue with Nasdaq listed Chinese infant milk formula brand Synutra. The reports pointed to parents blaming Synutra for their daughters' abnormal sexual development. The news reported that extremely high level of hormone estradiol was found in the girls after consuming Synutra product. Total new mentions of the crisis on social media and news channels peaked at 257 on 10 August with the announcement of a fourth affected infant.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events