Speaking at the New Economy Summit in Tokyo in April, footballer turned sake entrepreneur Hidetoshi Nakata suggested that a big reason the Japanese sake industry is struggling is a lack of branding neither foreigners nor many Japanese people can read the labels on the bottles, he said.
Instead of despairing at this oversight, Nakata has been developing an application to translate the labels. It’s not just a question of legibility though. In many cases, the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events