Schema and page authority don't matter for ranking with voice search, a new study by Backlinko finds.
Examing over 10,000 results derived from a smart speaker, Backlinko determined nearly a dozen variables that represent voice search ranking factors.
Schema, the markup code placed on sites to help search engines return more informative results for users, was found to have little impact in generating a high rank on voice search.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events