Maxis has long enjoyed supremacy in the Malaysian mobile ecosystem, but it looks like its time might be up.
Recent results and industry surveys show competitor Digi beating Maxis in total number of subscribers. This can be attributed to Digi’s 8.2 per cent y-o-y growth and picking-up of 450,000 new subscribers in the first quarter of 2016.
Maxis lost over a million subscribers in the last year, with 377,000 subscribers leaving in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events