Asia-Pacific’s advertising market grew by 5.3 percent in 2016, cementing its position as the second-largest behind North America with 30 percent of global advertising revenues, according to the latest Magna Advertising Forecast report from IPG Mediabrands.
The growth, totaling US$148 billion, was below Magna’s previous expectation of 6 percent, and similar is expected in 2017 at around 5.4 percent. Linear television still took the lion’s share of the ad spend, at 39 percent, but...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events