“Everyone is talking about that NT$3,600,” says Ho Yu, a seller of Fujitsu laptops at one of the hundred-odd cubbyholes at Kuanghua Digital Plaza, which is perhaps Taipei’s oldest electronics bazaar. “Lots of shoppers try out the laptops, then leave saying they’ll be back when they get the shopping voucher.”
The NT$82.9 billion economic stimulus is well-timed. The Lunar holiday is peak sales season, and the recession is curtailing consumer spending. Yet, even without...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events