According to Apple the decision was mutual, and was caused by increased conflict of interest as Google’s Android platform and Chrome operating system directly compete with Apple's core businesses.
“Eric has been an excellent Board member for Apple, investing his valuable time, talent, passion and wisdom to help make Apple successful,” said Steve Jobs, chief executive of Apple.
“Unfortunately, as Google enters more of Apple’s core businesses with Android and now Chrome...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events