Aika Sawai became AKQA Tokyo’s new managing director last week. Born in New York, Sawai grew up in the US, Japan and Thailand. Leaving Tokyo for Bangkok at the age of 13 caused something of a rupture and made her want to understand Japan’s consumer culture more deeply, a desire that has driven her studies and her subsequent career. Before joining the WPP agency seven years ago, she worked at the telco KDDI and gaming company Gree....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events