I never thought I'd join the music business, says Sandy Monteiro as he reflects on the early years of his career. The 45 year-old is the recently promoted president of Universal Music Group International for Southeast Asia, excluding India and Japan, but he began by running a restaurant in Australia. He found the work exhausting and when his father found out what he was doing for a living, he was unimpressed.
My father said Of all my children,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events