According to the IDC Asia-Pacific PC Tracker, the Malaysian PC market also declined 16 per cent year-on-year to 684,000 units in 3Q2011 but under the MCMC programme, 123,000 netbooks were shipped in the same quarter the previous year.
Setting aside the inorganic decline, the Malaysian PC market was still relatively healthy. Distributors have expressed more confidence and have increased their shipments of new PC models. At the end user level, price drops further invigorated...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events