The heroes of Bollywood and cricket have typically dominated celebrity endorsement of brands in India. Signing up a leading man from the film industry, such as Shahrukh Khan, or a cricketing legend like Sachin Tendulkar provided a quick-fire way to mass awareness and credibility in a nation obsessed with both pastimes.
However, as India’s consumers become increasingly prosperous and discerning, deployment of the 'one size fits all' celebrity is reaching its saturation point. The portfolio...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events