The droid refrigerator is the centrepiece of the Star Wars product range, which includes busts of Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper that serve as single drink coolers, portable clothes-cleaning devices and a vacuum cleaner. All are positioned as collectors’ items and are as much a marketing initiative as a product one.
They don’t come cheap the masks retail at around 43,000 yen US$350, while the R2-D2 replica costs just over 1 million approximately...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events