In Anyue, gold grows on trees. Well, kind of. The county, perched on the southeastern side of the Sichuan province in China, is the Middle Kingdom’s largest lemon producer. The Anyue Lemon brand is estimated to worth about 17.3 billion yuan US$2.4 billion, according to the China Brand Value Evaluation List in 2016.
Anyue’s reputation as the lemon capital’ of China began with a bit of a fluke, says Tian Zaize, director of...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events