Customers don’t buy your product, they hire you to get a job done.
Sounds like a simple enough statement, doesn’t it Yet it has profound implications for the way we solve problems in marketing and communications.
The above is the mantra of the jobs-to-be-done JTBD methodology, which is a way of problem-solving that’s often utilised by innovation or design agencies.
Crystallised by Harvard professor Clayton Christensen, JTBD posits that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events