Data breaches are becoming increasingly inevitable, driven in part by human vulnerabilities like falling prey to phishing emails and not updating software, according to Andrew Ryder, strategy director of Edelman North Asia, speaking on a panel at Wednesday’s CampaignComms conference in Hong Kong.
The number of data breach reports reached a record high of 129 in Hong Kong in 2018, up 22% from the previous year, and 80% higher than in 2014, according to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events