SINGAPORE - Apps from emerging markets including Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam will constitute 50 percent of Google Play's global revenue by 2020, up from 35 percent this year, according to new data from App Annie.
Homegrown apps in Southeast Asia increased their share of revenue by 106 percent in the last two years, and nearly all markets in the region saw a doubling of total time spent in apps.
“Southeast Asia is...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events