In the second quarter this year, IDC reported worldwide PC sales growth of only 2.6 percent, far behind the 12 percent surge of the year before. IDC analyst Rajani Singh said in a statement that tablets were replacing the mini-notebook netbook, resulting in sales of the portable PCs dropping.
While many PC manufacturers have produced tablets over 100 were launched at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, the iPad remains the market leader in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events