Foursquare, Gowalla and BrightKite are the most talked about players in location-based social networking - using GPS on a mobile device to check in’ to places and announce it to friends.
But in the real geolocation wars, these start-ups may prove to be toy soldiers. Significantly bigger companies want in on this new digital trend - from sizeable brands like Twitter and Yelp to the real web behemoths, Facebook and Google.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events