1. Like all categories it is powered by technology. The category only really started with the invention of the Spinning Jenny and the introduction of mass produced but very harsh to the touch trousers. A softer inner lining to prevent excess rubbing made sense and only the upper classes could afford silk. So cotton seemed a reasonably affordable, soft alternative to chaffing.
2. But driven by social need. Nylon, elastic and other innovations changed underwear but in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events