The writer and director of the 2017 short film, Cup of Tea, is pursuing legal action against Citibank over an ad created for its credit cards this Diwali.
Jitendra Rai claims that the ad has been directly lifted and reproduced from the scenes of his film.
In Rai's film below, the video begins with a boy stealing a young woman’s bag and running through the village. The...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events