Facebook is reportedly gearing up to launch a news section and approaching major news outlets with offers to pay millions of dollars for the rights to use their content, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
The WSJ said the social media giant had approached news outlets including ABC News, Dow Jones, The Washington Post and Bloomberg.
Citing sources, it said that Facebook told news executives it would pay as much as...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events