Japanese advertising spend rose by 1.9 percent year-on-year in 2016, with online spending breaking the trillion yen US$8.9 billion barrier, according to Dentsu.
Total spend stood at 6,288 billion yen $55.8 billion, Dentsu said. Advertising spend in the market has risen gradually since 2011, when the industry suffered a major setback as a result of the Tohoku earthquake.
Dentsu had expected growth in excess of 1.9 percent, based on factors...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events