Syl Saller, chief marketing officer at Diageo, Marc Mathieu, chief marketing officer of Samsung Electronics America, and Godert van Dedem, vice-president and chief marketing officer of eBay EMEA were on a panel hosted by The Economist at Cannes Lions 2018, when they were asked about Unilever's pledge to stop working with influencers who buy followers.
Van Dedem agreed with the movement to work with more genuine influencers, but he thinks...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events