Retail in Japan is steeped in ritual. The Japanese notion of omotenashi, or hospitality, is imbued in every step of the sales process, where customers are treasured guests. From the smallest rural shops to the major department stores of downtown Tokyo, the same call of “irasshaimase” welcome echoes out across the floor the moment a customer enters, and is followed by gracious service and a sense of gratitude for the customer’s presence. Compared to...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events