Two months ago, the luxury clothier released a scarf featuring the Chinese character Fu 福, which means blessings and prosperity. The wool scarf, which otherwise looks like a normal Burberry scarf, was available in three colours and priced at 5,750 RMB US$919.
Many Chinese consumers did not appreciate the gestureand not only because of the obscene price.
While many Western brands incorporate the new year's...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events