November 11 Singles Day, and a buying bonanza. What started as a celebration for single male university students morphed into a shopping event in 2009, when Alibaba chose the date to promote its new Tmall platform with a day of big discounts, and it is now, in its 10th year, a massive commercial phenomenon.
Signs of slowing growth are emerging, however. Research firm Oliver Wyman predicted that shopper spend would increase only 9% this...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events